Monday, November 16, 2009

First Post

Hello and welcome to my blog. This is my first post and I will begin a little bit about me. I have been playing role-playing games since the early 1980s and I began with 1st Edition Dungeons and Dragons. Then came Marvel Superheroes, the classic FASERIP system for playing superheroes from Marvel Comics such as Spider-Man and the X-Men. Then came Palladium and a lot of other different games followed. I've been collecting RPGS for years, but I guess if I had to stick with the systems, it would be 2nd Edition for D&D and swords and sorcery role playing, Palladium for martial arts, DC Heroes for superheroes, and old White Wolf games of Werewolf The Apocalypse, Mage The awakening, Hunter The Reckoning, and Vampire the Masquerade, and the Unisystem for AFMBE.

This blog will be about ideas that I have for games, character concepts and snippets of settings.

In this Blog you will also have the occasional grognard article, an article which will have something new for an old game. In game terms a grognard is someone who is stuck on a previous edition of a game. For example, I am partial to 2nd Edition D&D, but will not touch 4th Edition. For me, it is just getting too expensive to collect these books anymore since the are often thirty five dollars or more and I just want to keep things simple. There is such an explosion of game material now and it is difficult to keep up, especially when the rules change every other year or so. For other people it is just their favorite edition to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment